I am a good friend when...

Hello Families and Friends,

This week, we had an important conversation about what small and big problems are.  We discussed the importance of using our words to tell others how we feel, or report a problem when it is bigger than we can handle.  We did a journal entry on how to be a good friend to continue our theme of KINDNESS this month!

I am a good friend when...
  • I share with others. 
  • I say "I like your shoes".
  • I ask "can I sit with you". 
  • I see someone sitting by themselves I sit with them.
  • I say "sorry".
  • I say "thank you".
Literacy
Letter D has one sound. Letter E has two sounds (ehh and eee).
We added some fun new literacy centres the students can play with when they finish their work early or during centre time! 





Special Guest
We welcomed Ms. Harder into our classroom this week! She is our new assistant principal. The students had a chance to listen to her favourite story and make her something that she will put up in her office. 

Things to practice at home: 
  1. Name (First letter is upper case and the rest is lower case) 
  2. Letter D and E and the sound they make
  3. Making ABAB/AABB Patterns 
  4. Talk about kindness and the different ways that your child can be kind. 

No school for all students on Friday, November 1, 2019.
TLC students can dress casual or costumes for Hallowe'en on Thursday.

Home reading is due back on Thursday if you would like to exchange your books.

Have a great weekend! 

Love, 

Ms. Dang 




Comments